About the Initiative
The Waste-Motive initiative will focus on bringing together like-minded companies, government and community groups who will work together in achieving the set goals by the initiative. The core objective is to better manage the industry’s automotive plastic waste.
Over the last 30 years the collision repair industry, vehicles, repair processes, machinery and technology have evolved with todays connected, tech driven fast paced world.
Although the management of automotive plastic waste has not changed much during this period, we still ﬁnd ourselves working in an industry with very little regulation or action being taken on how automotive plastic waste is managed, where it ends up and how it is processed by companies or individuals who pick it up.
In most instances this plastic waste including bumpers and headlights ends up stock-piled in backyards, wrecking yards, stocked on farmland or most frequently it is sent straight into general waste and landﬁll.
As individuals, business owners and as an Industry we have a moral obligation to do more and take appropriate steps to tackle this environmental issue as the world’s focus is directed on responsible waste management by businesses and cleaning up our planet.
It is time for action! Plastfix is proud to announce the launch of the WASTE-MOTIVE INITIATIVE, which will be based on the foundation of 6 key pillars, taking automotive plastic waste issues and developing sustainable recycling solutions for the collision repair industry.
Plastfix will be creating an industry task force to tackle the issues below.
Waste-Motive 6 Pillars Mission
- • Eliminate automotive plastic waste sent to landﬁll
- Set up waste processing and parts re-use solutions for plastic waste generated by collision repair facilities diverting units from general waste and landfill. The goal for this initiative….Zero waste to landfill.
- • Reduce automotive waste cost to business
- Create value in plastic part waste by developing by-products from recycled plastic parts and re-use solutions on minimum impacted automotive plastic car parts to be repaired.
- • Build a circular plastic part re-use economy
- Set up Micro Recycling Hub, to process suited plastic parts to be repaired on site or centrally for re-use within the industry via Green Credits and a Parts-Share trading platform connecting suited re-usable parts with businesses.
- • Develop custom recycling machines and equipment
- Design industry suited stationed or mobile machinery and equipment to better manage recycling and re-use of parts.
- • Create consumer & industry awareness programs
- Develop online and print material to be displayed or shared with consumers (car owners) educating them on the benefits of the Waste-Motive Initiative and the positive environmental impact.
- • Establish a better regulated waste management system
- Work with insurance, OEM’s, industry associations, business and government to establish a better regulated industry on how automotive plastic waste is managed and responsible disposal of waste by all key stakeholders.